Biblical Proportions

     Ten minutes
‘til noon mass
       I’ve just kissed my stole
          
checked my fly
    taken off my watch & marked the collect

when the heavens
          open up thunder-
snow hail
                 strafes chapel slates

                                   wind gust grabs
the junipers
   by the scruff of

     the neck and gives
them a good why I oughtta shake

     “no frogs or locusts
yet, I guess,
       let us proceed…”

                                and we do crossing ourselves
                and on to talitha cum little girl
                     get up and go

                                     out the broken front
                                door that won’t close
                                     God’s body and blood
                                            in our bellies
                               
                                                                                5 February 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Saints

Advent 3, Year B

Proper 22, Year A